Monday, July 07, 2008

Inflation nightmare?

With the uprising inflation costs, it is no surprise that most citizens certainly feel the pinch on their pockets. Sadly, I would say the most affected group of people belongs to the low income families.
And Kirsten ,who will be getting married in a few years time, has paid a downpayment on a HDB flat together with her partner. In fact,she was pretty conscious on how she spent her money since both have made plans on the wedding.

Trust me, every cent do count for this lady.
For instance, there was once she refused to get her sandwich toasted at Subway as she thought it may cost her extra 20cents to do so.

From my experience, I've been to a cafe where they charge 50cents for a glass of water. Nope, it's not from bottled water . Hidden costs can be just everywhere. Another of my gf, Judy was rather funny. She said that the only place she has asked for 'extras' without being charged is Burger King! Apparently, if you ask for a 'stack 'of lettuce on your burger, they don't cost you extra.
Then again, I'm not really sure how true with such statement can be.

*****************************

I had my first lesson of calligraphy class last Friday!

No comments: