Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm sick and angry *roar*

I've realised long time ago I do have high expectations about the way how I like my clinic to be setup.
Still running a fever at 38 degres celsius, I've expected a patient whose name did not appear on my name list coming through at 2.30pm. However there was already a patient booked in at 2.30pm.
Later, I was informed by the receptionist saying that the countergirl at Clinic Y has booked this patient in since the slot was vacant -which means the previous patient has cancelled the appointment. Prior the booking, this patient actually came down to my clinic to get registered which we were not informed in the first place. Clinical notes are not being sent to my room promptly. I was almost going to snap because firstly, my load is quite heavy. Working with a locum nurse doesn't help much. I don't get the luxury to check through every tiny details of the patients in and out since my clinical work already took up most of my time.
I rang up clinic Y and told her off that if she could have the courtesy to ring us up for any changes on patient list.
In addition,I told her strictly that I don't like such 'surprises'. Definitely, I'll get back to her supervisor.

No comments: