Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day or Valentine's Denial

My aunt, who works as a florist ,must have took a pity on me that she assumed no one will buy me flowers on Vday.

" Don't worry. Ah Yi gives you 2 roses (like how she prefers to pronouce as 'lo-ses')"

*Accept it with gracious smile

**************************

My beloved ABNN pt who sat on a wheelchair, handed me 2 stalks of red roses.

"heh *nods head*. Just something small for you. Hope you like it."


*My heart almost melted on the spot.

**************************

After we are done with the running, J came up with 2 roses for me and BP.

"Come come, have one each. You girls deserve one of these."


Now my vase is filled with all colours of roses. I"ve never thought I would receive flowers on days like this.
This year's Vday is definitely exceptional.


**************************

I've read about an article by MM's fears Singapore losing our own talented people. I'm not surprised that the figures has been increasing slowly over the past years. I was lucky to get a chance to stay overseas for slightly more than half a decade. Staying in another foreign land allows me to differentiate and appreciate on how the country is being run as compared to Singapore.

If given a choice, I would prefer my family to live in Aust and perhaps, sad to say that I see Singapore as a 'holiday' home. Aust is a huge place where you can chose to relocate to a rural or urban areas subjecting to your preferences. Flexible hours and long maternity leave are possible in almost every jobs. No doubt the taxes can be high but we can be happy with shorter working hours. That also mean we get to spend more time with family or loved ones. Aussies are more accepting and gracious people. Yes, we Q-up for buses. Unlike in Singapore, everyone just want to scramble into the buses. If you're old, you may wait (long long) for someone to give up your seats. I've seen far too much of discourteous acts by the locals here.
Shame on you lah!

***to be continued as the author is too tired to rattle on.

No comments: