Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Last Sunday was my cousin's wedding (on mom's side). In fact, this is such a good opportunity to catch up with fellow cousins from Malaysia as well.Then again, what a waste that I'm in Perth.I mean, I would love to talk and get to know them better. Malaysians cousins seldom comes to singapore unless they really have to...usually bounded by work and studying. The usual gathering happens only during the Chinese new Year. Apparently, mom's 2 elder brothers and their families all sat on the same table during wedding dinner and having fun yakking sessions. Sometimes, there should be more gathering like this! Like my 3rd uncle's family from Malaysia hardly seen the first Uncle's family (singapore) at all......
I do respect family values and cultures. Not saying I'm a mommy's or daddy's girl.
Dad once said:" Even if the whole world has tumbled or fallen onto my head, family is the one who will always be there supporting you.
Obviously, one of the criteria in terms of selection of my future partner (if it exists) must know how to love me and family.

No comments: