Sunday, April 15, 2007


Express weekend recap

"Let's meet 1 pm for rollerblading at East Coast Park lah," suggested by friend who works as a PE teacher.

"Heng-nah Heng-nah," * starting to assume it's gonna be super duper hot weather. True enough, I'm 'or peh' (tanned skin) within minutes of my rollerblading session.

Moving on to my 3rd month of stay in Sg, I do find certain number of local clients of mine are rather entertaining.
On the positive note, they DO make my work more interesting and lively.

Very often, I always get comments or questions like these from my pts:

* Dr uh, can I swim even if I got ulcers on my legs*

* Dr uh, I want to get shoes but I don't want to pay now lah. I'm sure medical social worker will approve my subsidy*

* Dr uh, why you cut the dressing so big? Just cut small small pieces can already*

* Dr uh, why the shoes so ugly? Not so nice to walk when I already got a huge dressing on my foot. Got any other colours?*
Medical-surgical shoes are often supplied for patients with large wound dressing or post operation dressing on their foot. The shoes allows them to self-adjust depending on the size of bandaging on foot.

**note: No matter how much I emphasized to pts I am not a Dr, there is always a tendency that they have forgotten about it. 0_O

************
I've noticed that a lot of FEMALE Drs in the wards are wearing terrible shoes. How on earth can their feet survive walking around in their low/high heels shoes whole day everyday.
Sorry to say to all the high heel lovers. Those shoes will only make your toes to increase the 'gripping' action and thus, hammer toes can start to form in the later stages of life (mainly).
Callus and corns may start to develop on the retracted toes with excessive pressures or ill-fitting shoes. hurhur.
That's probably where my bling will start rolling into my practice next time.
*evil laughs* heh heh heh

No comments: