Justification wanted
Why should a Dr order 3 tubes of Iodosorb ointment (each cost approximately $20.64) on someone with a gangrene foot? Not as if the ointment will debride the eschar (black scab) or 'suck' onto the wound bed or provide a moist wound base.
The sad part is he/she is on subsidy basis during hospitalization. I just can't imagine what would the bills be like upon discharged.
Any health care professionals ought to be more tactful when certain interventions/treatments are issued for low- income patients.
Afterall, who wants to see healthy patients being discharged while having worrying hearts on the huge amount of billings accumulated since hospital admission.
*************************
I haven't get a chance to start a war with any Drs yet.I anticipated it's just a matter of time. But what annoys me at the moment is I'm getting too many referrals from disciplines mainly from orthopaedics, endocrine, surgical, medical to sports medicine.
Can anyone tell me if heel pain is an urgent case or not??? If it's so urgent then your folks to ortho drs and have Z-plasty at the archilles or plantar fascia reconstuctions lah! ( I may be bullshitting on the latter).
The Drs here are like, the higher level they attained , the lower their EQ.
Tsk tsk.
*************************
Wo Zhen De Hao Lei!
6 comments:
Sometimes I think the medical doctors have very poor or no knowledge of other health discpline at all. This stupid GP dosed this poor lady 5 lots of AB for a tooth abscess over 6 months before admitting defeat and told the pt AB is not going to work and she should go see a dentist. WTF?! AB for tooth abscess is only a temporary measure, how can you get rid of the infection when you don't remove the cause i.e. the rotten tooth??? Of course it's going to come back and haunt you again and again. Isn't that basic medical knowledge??? What an idiot.
Looks like you have the same stupid doctor over there who likes to use medication that doesn't work. That's very sad for the patients who trusted the doctor with their health and lives.
Aiyah it's like that one. Doctors are big headed idiots when it comes to anything they don't know about.
It's also very sad that there is almost ZERO communication between the various disciplines eg doctors and podiatrists, physiotherapists etc.
Don't you find that's the case flatfeet?
Take care.
DDU: Your case scenerio always remind me of those patients suffering from ingrown toenails.
This poor Ah boy got ingrown nails for the past 6 months and has been visiting the polyclinic Drs. Likewise, the Drs gave the oral AB and Bactroban cream (top favourite cream amongst Polyclinic drs) to apply. How can they get rid of the infection without removing the nail. Obviously the nail is the irritant to the nail sulcus. Applying cream doesn't 'dissolve' the nail.
Sad lah. I got the Ah boy schedule for surgery liao. I'm so looking foward. ;p Got a chance to...cut and cure?
Dr Oz: I totally agree what you have said. But still, I have to try my best to COMMUNICATE with them. eg, writing small notes, making calls if necessary.
Actually, there are a lot of things which I really can't understand why I must follow the Dua Pai Dr's orders. Sigh* Next time got chance I can kpkb over a cuppa with you.
Yeah you're right flatfeet. Most doctors after graduation let their heads swell.
"I am a doctor! I am at the TOP of the food chain in the hospital! You are below me!" - that sort of nonsense...
And very often they don't realise their heads went into their asses after graduation ( hence cannot see anything else but themselves) and then cos head got too big stuck inside the ass and cannot come out.
So for those of us who actually walk straight and can see beyond our rectums we all get very turned off lor...
Darling how come no update??? Hmph
You can blog abt your crushed easter bunny hurhur :p
DrOz: I got a med student sit in with me today. So nice. I get him to answer phonecalls and take messages ;p He said he is enjoying every minute of med student' life. He reckons his life will be 'smashed' very badly once he graduated. Tsk tsk , Sounds so depressing.- Flatfeet
Post a Comment