Monday, September 12, 2005

Job review

After working for a year in Australia, life may not looks greener here as compared to Singapore. Most people would think that I am having a fun time here working and playing. Not exactly true though. Firstly, I got a aussie permanent residency because I wanted to stay here and gained much experiences if possible from various health care settings. Most podiatrists are working as a sub contractor to the clinics which means pods will pay their own tax and superannuations. Therefore each time when I got my pay, I have to 'dump' some money to the taxation office. For instance, let's just say that I am earning $1800 per week, the taxation will absorb $580. Isn't that abit too much?? If you don't pay tax regularly, you will end up paying a lump sum at the end of financial year. My outgoing expenses are mainly involved the rent, flights, car insurance/petrol, assortment of bills, continuing education and family commitment.

In general,
whatever you earn = expenses spent = no gain of $ in your bank.

My 'little' bro is going uni next year and my dad apparently thinks I am rich working here.
So his tuition fees will be on me..no choice. *SOB* If only I open a clinic, that would be a different story.

Ever since coming to Sydney, I haven't even spend a single cent on facial and hair cut. I am beginning to feel real 'ugly'.

No comments: