
Back from Christchurch, NZ
Went over to Christchurch last Wednesday for a mega foot conference. Picked up Marlene early morning at her place so that she can drive my car and sent me off to the airport. Sydney's traffic is shocking. Freaking cars everywhere on the road by the time it got to 7am. I can't afford to take a chance to book for a cab. Just in case I get to meet some kind of super lousy 'middle-eastern look' drivers who don't even know how to get to the airport at all.What's worst, that stupid dude charged me 100bucks for the cab fare *middle finger*.
Back on Christchurch, the whole place looks like a big English town. Most of the time I spent on walking everywhere there. I guess I found another place perfect for retirement ;p while the first choice would be still Perth. There wasn't many malls to go to (which is a good thing) and basically I would just venture in places like Botanic garden, Museum, arts centre, soveniur shops and a shop full of used clothings. Oh I bought quite a nice wool chequered skirt with pleats for only 14 bucks plus Made in Edinburg somemore.Sounds quite boring? Well, most of the nights I was resting early. No mates to go for a drink anyway ;( The hotel which I stayed at provides daily breakfast. The hosts are very lovely people. Even got me a bag of breakfast goodies just before I leave for an early flight at 6am the next day.
At the conference itself, the most appealing part would be the trade exhibition. All sorts of sports brands, medical suppliers, and shoes companies were there to present their lastest products. On the other hands, most delegates were whipping off many samples (like the foot creams/lotions) and shove it into their carriers as they browsed through those stalls. Hopefully in the next conference , there will be more case study presentations rather than research ones. At least abit of fair mixed, so that people like me who can never like research will not be having too many cups of coffees in order to stay awake throughout the whole talk.
*sigh* I am suffering from acne now. Quite demoralising. Even patients asked me what has happened to my face. I can't wait to see a dermatologist in 2 weeks' time. Apparenlty, I just got to know that manuka honey may help to deal with the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment