Friday, August 26, 2005

Sha Shay Sha Shay

Not trying to say I dress very well. Today at least got 3 humans asked me where I get the blue-knitted cardigan top.

First fashion victim: Boss's wifey (BW)

BW (in her most Singapore San-pak< "San Ba" in Mandarin> slang:
Eh where you get ya top from har? I also got leh. I got 3 somemore. How much you buy?

Me (eyes try not roll up and mind thinking that was a mouthful of questions to ask):
Oh I got that from Hornsby and cost only $10 bucks. Hurhur!

BW: HAR? So cheap uh? Aiyoh, I bought my 1st top for $40 bucks, 2nd and 3rd for $20bucks each.

Me: They are made in China and I don't think it's worth to pay so much. You can buy like several pieces for your friends.Ha!
(now you know we can never be great shopping mates)

Second fashion victim: Old lady patient (OLP)

OLP: Oh I got a sore corn...that's a nice top you wearing.

Me: Thanks. *giggle to myself*

Third fashion victim: Book- keeper (BK) at the clinic

BK:" That's a lovely top. Did you knit them ya self?

Me: " No, I got it for 10 bucks.Heh heh."


No comments: