Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pts should be punished too

I've come across a blog entry of a youngthing (possibly a patient) commenting on my colleague's physical outlook. Ok, indeed, her apperance is something which not everyone can accept it. The fact is if there's a need to write such 'bad comments' ??

So healthcare workers are warned not to blog about patients or work-related stuffs. What about patients who blog and beech about healthcare workers?
Is that being fair and justified at all?
It is clearly evident that whatever she has mentioned on her blog fits into my colleague's profile perfectly.

If this happens in Australia, I would have encourage my friend to report it to the Anti-discrimination board and put her down big time!

**************************
I met an assoc. reg. at a cafe. Wah, surprisingly, she still remembers me. That was like so many donkey years ago. Maybe Docs do have good memories as this is not the first time that has happened.


5 comments:

Dr Oz bloke said...

In Singapore, if you noticed...healthcare workers are the whipping boys of the media and society.

Can whack them, insult them, ridicule them and these healthcare workers cannot bite back one. If they bite back can whack them LAGI MORE!

So I always told my friends that we are like chihuahuas tied to a tree. The kids come and beat us with sticks. All we can do is yelp yelp bark bark. No bite one.

Dentist Down Under said...

haha I thought you're not even allow to yelp yelp bark bark coz it's considered "unacceptable behaviour" :p

Flatfeet said...

DrOz: You are so right. My pt even recited to me with a list of docs which he wanna give them a good 'whack'.
Somemore he looked like the gang mafia in the 80s.
If any doc threatens to give him'high blood', he won't hesitate to fight back.

-_-

I can't imagine myself staying in the same sector for the next 30years. tsk* Lao pod hag liao*

DDU: cannot bark back. Only can whine in 'silence'.

Dr Oz bloke said...

DDU: Have you heard a chihuahua bark and yelp?

That sort of thing nobody will bother one lah.

Dentist Down Under said...

Don't look down on chihuahua! I used to have one, my mum still have one and both're nasty bitch! If you annoy them they don't even yelp yelp bark bark they just bite you and draw blood!