Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Speed dating

NW asked if I'm keen to go along with her for a dinner organised by a cupid company.Since the registration fees was only 8 bucks, I don't mind pay for that 8 dollah for a cute dude if any (*bargained!). And you will not be surprise why people chose to speed date. Not going to elaborate further on this point. What happened on that day was we got together in a bunch for a dinner. The guys get to rotate themselves among the 3 tables.

To be honest, I was bored to death with their conversations. There were a lot of Mr Engineers and Mr ITs and not forgetting Mr Accountants. Somehow, they just got the typical looks of their profession.

The geeky IT dude with golden- rimmed glasses and long face with the Armani hairstyle.And the plumpy engineer guy with the hair side parting plus got the 'damn sian' face look. No need to look also sian already.sigh*

So I asked:" what do you do for fun?"

Check the answers:" I built models over the weekends. I like to use my hands to fix up the parts." This engin boy has the softest voice that you've ever come across. Another answer says "it all depends on my friends."
So lame lar. Is that all he can describe?

Uhm, I like a guy who can be in control of situations and know how to live a life to a certain extent of spontaneity. NICE!

8 comments:

Dentist Down Under said...

Haha what is the "typical look of their profession"... I think that only applies to Sg guys. I thought you've met my bro, and he's a Mr Engine! :p

Anonymous said...

Exactly, that's what I meant. Can't tell your bro is an engine dude!-flatfeet

Kell Ch@n said...

My man is a engineer too. He's ok...

Dr Oz bloke said...

Wah lau......the guy who had armani hair at least put in effort.

Guys join speed dating.....that's something not so boring right?

In Singapore how interesting can one be?

Let's see what there is to do....

Err nothing? LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's the thing! My friend claimed that Singapore is to stress to live. See what it has done to the dudes. All looked so ah-gong and boring.

Kelly: your bf is an exception lah.

flatfeet xoxo

Dr Oz bloke said...

Singapore stress? You talking about day to day work is it?

Wait till you start thinking about planning for retirement. How many more years of shit work you still have ahead.

Mounting bills from kids, buying a home, paying the mortgage, paying the bills, kids education, cost of medical bills when grow old.

I tell you thinking about the future in Singapore is EVEN MORE STRESSFUL than anything that you can throw at me right now.

Singapore sucks in the future sense man.

Right now best thing to do is to just work out how to earn as much as possible. That's what everyone is doing.

You play play now, do exciting things, have fun, spontaneity etc....later grow old got liabilities and responsiblities you will totally regret man!

If I was a girl, I'd find a man who is financially rich or free who isn't too bad looking and is of good character. So what if he's boring? If he can retire at age 35 and we have lots of money to spend we can go travel around the world and be "boring" sitting around in art museums in Europe and cafes all over.

How boring can spending money be?

Anonymous said...

Dr Oz: As you see, I'm always taking a step further. There's where the PR came in! Good to work a few years before coming back to Sg which has allowed me to start saving on my superannuation fund (aka retirement fund)-that can only be used once I reach the age of 65.
Who knows when I'm going to start a family anyway. If I'm not happy to work in Sg, there's always an alternative to go back to Oz lor!
How much is needed for my retirement? Hmmm, maybe I should talk to someone on that.

Nowadays it takes two to support a family income.*sigh* Sometimes I wonder how people can afford a big car and a house at the same time in Sg. Must be earning ***t loads of money.

Of course I'm not looking for a dude to play play all the time lah.
If only there's such a dude avaliable like how you have described would be nice. I'll make sure I'll send u a greeting text while I'm at a cafe in Europe with Lao gong.

Rachel said...

Hey flatfeet... still keeping you in mind if I ever meet any cute guys .. but sadly single girls I know outnumber single guys. Good on you for going on that speed date adventure. At least $8 if going with a friend is as entertaining as going to movies. Can gossip about them afterwards.