Friday, January 23, 2004

How i spent my 1st day of Chinese New Year:
Go to the templer early in the morning (as instructed by parents over the phone). Followed by lunch at Mackers and worked for a couple of hours in orthotic lab. Went back home at 4pm, showered and did some grocery. Dinner at Lynn's place again with her Aussie b.f. Had a good chat over dinner and left at 11pm.

I'll be starting to do some home visits for the elderly(from veteran affairs) next week and provide general nail care to them. May be not the exciting part of podiatry but it's better than nothing at the moment.I'm still looking forward to expand my interest management on pedal ulceration in collaboration with use of biomechanics. WB Morrison from Philadelphia was kind enough to send me his journal writings on pedal ulceraion and imaging. He is working as a radiologist from Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where we also shared an interest in Diabetes too. Radiology on foot and ankle is something which I feel I have never been able to get a grip on. The books are just SOOO expensive!

Anyhow, after my 2nd degree, I am thinking about travelling to the Eastern states and work. I realised there are more full time jobs there. Don't think I'll be able to survive well working locum here and there in Perth. With a full time job, I'll be able to sponsor a child! This is something which I've always wanted to do...
Keeping fingers crossed.

No comments: