Sunday, April 23, 2006

From the sunshine Queensland

Finally, I get a chance to enjoy a break from New South Wales and currently enjoying myself soaking up the sunshine in Queenland. DDU and her mate were nice to take me out for an island retreat. We walked kms all over the coast edges full of rocks. The best part was getting a taste of a real oyster fresh from the coast! DDU was sure thoughtful to bring a dagger along on this trip or else I'll never get to see how the oyster was 'opened up' with the fresh flesh in it.For a moment we were so tempted to get a plastic bag and 'da bao'. Oh yes, we still have our Asian kiasu genes in it....how can we ever forget our roots right?
We did snorkelling and its coral reefs are absolutely beautiful. Reminded me of my old scuba days where I'm always heading to Malaysia for weekend dives. sigh* Ever since I came to Oz, I had given up rollerblading (too hilly) and diving. Entrance for a local pool costs $4AUD per entry. See how lucky singaporeans get to enjoy cheap fees for sport activity. I remember Bedok swimming complex only cost like a dollah!!

It wouldn't be too long that I'll be leaving for NSW by Tuesday.*sob sob*
Now I need to remove my whitening trays and continue with my toothbrushing.
more later...;D

2 comments:

uglybaldie said...

Glad to know you're enjoying yourself in the autumn sun.

Yeh, we sure are lucky to be in Singapore where everything can be had for a song.

But unfortunately, some people you know gripe and whine and grate. Wait until they actually live and work in that place and they'll be dying to come home. Short stints to take in the sights, weather and enjoy the vast expanse of outdoor is fun. But living permanently is an issue. Best is to treat it like a long term holiday retreat like what I do.

Flatfeet said...

I totally agree. Uncle UB, you do have an ozzie PR right? So did you continue renewing it?