Shouldn't being too nice ..maybe
I've got a guilty conscious that when I am being 'overly' nice or helpful to someone whom I've just met at work. I do see the point where I really wanna help because she just came all the way from Europe and carrying only max. 20kg of lugguage without any winter clothes. Even though she had briefly told me about her mom is sending some clothings and shoes , I brought two of my jumpers for her the next day. This is where the so-called guilty conscious sets in. I feel that I am being too nice to be true. The last thing on my mind is I hope that she doesn't feel too intimidated by me in anyways.
In other words, I do have a tendency to worry for other people. If the help is within my limit, I will go ahead and do it.
************************
I'm enjoying every minute in my single comfort zone. I could buy anything at any amount at anytime. This just feels great. But I know that there will come a certain point in my life that this may or gonna be changed.....
I LOVE MY SINGLEHOOD. I need some tough dudes who are capable to tie my feet down coz I can run real fast! Serious!
2 comments:
hey I am sure she is appreciative of you! There is nothing worse than coming to a new country and not have anyone care for you at all. You are definitely her guardian angel. I sometimes do alot of extra stuff for people and worry like you do (especially my mum who is so cynical and always tell me people only will make use of you etc etc) But now I don't care. We are only on this earth once and might as well help make it a better place since there are so many other crappy people out there.
Rachel jie, thanks for those sweet comments. I guess that's just being me. Hey! My mom sometimes used to tell me the same thing too. However there was once that I got to know this ang moh working in singapore with me. I told mom about him and she even asked me to invite him for dinner! My jaw almost dropped. Maybe after coming to Australia for so many times, my mom is getting abit more 'aussiefied?' No doubt she doesn't speak English, quite garang of her to still invite ang mohs for dinner.
Post a Comment