Long weekend
What a whirlwind of busy week before Good Friday finally has arrived. I was working by all myself in the clinic without the 'supervisor' around. Appointments were full to the brim that I've to start the day much earlier and end it much later (0830-1800hours). NO fun okay!! Just imagine my hands are always holding those instruments/scalpels/writing notes the whole day except during lunch break.
Good to see the income rolling in more than expected and best of all, I've yet to encounter difficult patients this week. In fact, I've got quite a number of interesting people that came through the clinic.
Mrs M has got such gross heel cracks and messed up toenails that I gotta asked her to come twice with a charge on long consultation fee. I simply can't understand how can people don't wear shoes for gardening and rather let the mud getting into those deep cracks.
Mr R is from Queenland and suffers from right heel pain. Since he came to town for a visit, he came to the clinic and hope that I'll fix up his problem. He was saying that the nearest podiatrist is located about 300kms away from where he lives. The treatment plan is to make him a pair of custom made orthotics. Usually the orthotics take about 2 weeks to be make. Since he is leaving in 5 days time, I had to 'push' the lab tech to make it as 'urgent' while in the meantime, I will strap up his foot in rigid tape and perform a biomechanical assessment (joint) all at one go.
*phew* On the last day when he came to pick up his orthotics, he even gave me a brochure which explains the place he is from. He said " you can consider this as your holiday destination the next time." Country fellowmen does have great hearts indeed.
Mr P who is a world war two veteran suffers from ingrown nail. He hope I'll get it treated in two weeks time as he will be marching on Anzac Day.*stress* So I managed to remove the nail spicule, applied Betadine dressing and put him on a course of antibiotics. Old veteran feet hor...must be extra careful one.
I've got gross pics to put up but perhaps I'll do it later.
Otherwise , my life is pretty mundane and I seriously hate long holiday breaks.But on the happier note, I am going shopping tomorrow then.
******************************************************
I went to see my dermatologist after my last day of work. I'm having an eczema breakout on my arms and legs which could be due to the drug which I'm taking.
I just had a blood test to check for query polycystic ovaries -_-. So I'll be awaiting for the results till next week.
After checking on the information on PCO, I don't think I got the signs and symptoms which described except pimples. Who knows..
No comments:
Post a Comment