If you are looking for beautiful scenic views and not forgetting the sun, sand and sea, Great kepple island is de prefect place for retreat. It is not exactly an expensive place to travel and with AUD $10 , you are able to rent the snorkelling gears to check out some of the most exquisit coral reefs with a variety of different fish species. The kids were still on the Easter break when I was there and yet, I don't feel a tinge of hustle and bustle of people on the island.

We trekked along the coast to the other part of the waters for more snorkelling. See that 2 tiny dots in the pic? We sure over-trekked....

While we were trekking along the coast, we arrived at Oyster bay. I had my first taste of 'LIVE" oyster leh!! Quite salty and I was telling DDU that we should bring a lemon along hurhur* for like oyster platter ;p As you can see the osyters are mounted on the rocks. And you should pick those with the clams closed. It took quite a bit of effort to break the oyster from rock followed by the 'unclamping' process.

DDU brought me to Great Western hotel for some steak. This town has one of the biggest cattle production. In the month of May, the town even has planned for a cattle conference.

I like steak in well done. The portion is just right..........:p~

As I've mentioned about the cattle conference, there will also be a cattle decoration contest going around the town. And this pic has shown one of the 'contestants' dressed up for the competition.

I HAD A GREAT TIME!!
Next destination: Cairns/Lord Howe island (if I tio4 TOTO
No comments:
Post a Comment