Sunday, April 02, 2006


What has she done ?

I've always advised a lot of my patients never attempt to self- removed corns using corn plasters.

Corn plasters are meant to be applied on the corn itself and not to be applied on surrounding skin. From the picture as you can see the little nucleus , that's where the corn is. To make matters worst, X has applied the plaster on the surrounding 'good' skin as well and thus, creating bigger skin surface area (yellow part) needed to be removed. X still limping in pain after that.

The simplest way of removing the corn is to see your local podiatrist where he/she could remove it with a scalpel within minutes. Usually it's pain free and need not require local anasthetic.

I reckon corn plasters should be banned. People suffering from diabetes are strongly advisable not to self treat as they usually have lack/poor sensation on feet. Plus, the healing rates are much slower than others.

**********************************

As I am currently PMS-ing now, I feel like to yak a bit more on the blog. Last Wed, I had a patient who didn't turn up on time and in fact, he turned up half an hour later. His excuse was " sorry i went to the wrong place." How can he went to the wrong place where the name of the clinic was derived from the name of the suburb. Judging from his address, he just lives about 5 minutes away from the clinic location. Out of pity, I squeesed him in for the appoinment later. By the way,he works as a delivery man. How can he mix up with the locations? If I was his boss, he's FIRED!!

Ok back to the story. I am not sure if he needs a hearing aid OR he is mocking at my English OR my accent. For fug sake, I was not born here and don't expect me to speak like one of you. All I requested was to ask him to bring in the xray films in next visit. He simply just stared at me for 5 secs and he went like :" oh u mean FILMS!" What the *uck he expects me to say it. I don't think the word 'films' is a difficult word to say. Next time I'll re-schedule such patient at a later date coz he also made me wasted extra time (eg, like repeating to his questions). My next poor mentally disabled patient had to wait so long to see me and yet he was turning up on time!

No more kindness for patients who turn up late because i'll say *uck off to you.

9 comments:

Dentist Down Under said...

With patients like that I reschedule to see them a month later and if they're late again I put them in my little black book and ban them hurhur!

Dr Oz bloke said...

Haha! If 10 patients turn up 5 minutes before closing time....I still have to see all of them!

There is no appointment system in Singapore. And I don't get to choose my patients. They come I have to see them.

They ask me to suck their dicks I'll have to do it!

Cheers!

uglybaldie said...

Flatfeet, from the pics you posted, your job don't seem very pleasant having to attend to all those yukky feet!!

uglybaldie said...

"They ask me to suck their dicks I'll have to do it!"

Huh???

No wonder you are thinking of getting out of SGP as fast as your two little legs can carry you.

But in OZ, you may need to suck bigger dicks!

Walio, it's not easy to earn a living these days. Not like my time.

Dr Oz bloke said...

Yep it certainly isn't as easy these days uglybaldie. So spare us your outdated opinions :)

Anyway I believe flatfeet loves her job.

One man's poison is another man's food. Some of the things I do for patients is considered awful work too (the clinic assistants can't even stand watching me do it) but I do find it enjoyable.

As for sucking penises, well once you've sucked one, what's the difference with sucking bigger ones? There's not much difference frankly. Just like licking small and big lollipops.

My problem was for a long time I resisted sucking cocks. Now I've sucked one I find it isn't too bad actually! LOL!

Flatfeet said...

Uglybaldie:Someone's gotta do the job after all. Where got yucky feet?? This is quite mild already... ;p
Ah Oz is right. I do love my job. Let's just say that one day when you can't reach to cut your thickened toenails, you know who look for ;p

DDU: I need to get those small little black book!! Heh can use for tax deduction too.Hurhur!

Ozzie: That's the working life in singapore which I detest it the most i guess. No implementation of rules and regulations. Whatever excuses crap which patients give for their lateness still have to see them with a smile. CB right?

Rachel said...

Hey!!! I put a comment in yesterday but it did not appear. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I mailed you with a gmail acct. Did you get the email? How else have you been besides PMS ? Sorry been very busy... house looking messier and messier each day.
Got a very nice place in bathurst yaay!! 4 B/R, spa bath, underfloor heating (very good as bathurst sometimes get snow in winter) ANywa hope to talk to you soon. I am dreaming of duck porrige!! not too long now...next friday!!

Flatfeet said...

Hey Rach! I am doing great! glad PMS is over. Can't wait to goss more with you when you have settled down.Yes dear, got ya email account and I've replied ya mail too. Check it out. Otherwise, same old same old. Life can never complete without shopping.Ooooo, i saw a new collection of Guess bags in town. But i insist of going back home and check it out. I MUST resist.

Flatfeet said...

Fellow traveller,it is the same as singapore's private GP system. You just have to wait lor...unless you can access to other GPs within your location.Best is don't get sick ;p