Firstly, this lady said she wanted to have surgery on one toe.The very last minute prior taking the consent, she decided to have the other toe surgery as well. Grrrr*On the happy side is I get more bling and on the down side is I left 45mins to numb on both toes, cut down the 4 side of nails, applied chemical application on each nail sulcus and dressings. *eyes roll up*
Anyhow, I still manage to keep everything under control.

I usually used Lignocaine plain 2% for local anasthetic.Those are the ampules of anasthetic in the pic.
Just as I was thinking I was gonna have a smooth start, my last patient turned up with massive callus on feet which is hereditary. I should have charge her for a long consultation but for the fact that she doesn't have private health insurance , I'm just being a 'soft spot' to omit the additional charges. I was running out of time getting the full work done, and thus got her to return sometime later. Her skin are quite thick on the top but if the callus (hard skin) is excessively removed, she tends to bleed easily.
4 comments:
eeeeew the last pic makes me think I'm glad there are people like you out there to help all these patients with their feet! I never knew feet could be that bad.
Wah that was so nice of you to help her out! You are truly kind hearted. We sometimes use lignocaine plain but as ou know ours is already in glas cartridges and we don't have to draw it up.
Those needles look like the ones I use to irrigate the tooth during root canal. Are you using 25 gauge needles? That is so big *OUCH*
Sometimes I feel like giving patients without private health fund discount but they almost always turn out to be smokers and I thought bloody hell if you can spend $20 on ciggies a day you should be able to afford dental treatment and charge them full price. ;p
There was this mum who came in with whole mouth of rotten teeth and she only wanted her front tooth with a tiny chipped fixed. She complained that her 4 yrs old daughter needs fillings but she couldn't afford it. I almost said I'll fix her up for free when I found out she smokes 2 packs of ciggies a day. She has the money to spend on killing herself but doesn't want to spend it on her daughter's wellbeing. They should have a law to charge parents like that for negligence and child abuse. ;(
Rach: I've used the dental cartridges before for the toe injections. I love to use it leh! So simple and effective. Less painful as the needles are like only 30G?? Plus it's easy to aspirate.
Yes, so many many things can happen to the feet. That's why there are 'hidden' the furthest away from the body. Just like the teeth.
DDU: Boss prefers to use 25G while in uni I was taught to use 27G instead. I also feel painful each time when i try to inject the patient. If I am the patient, I will demand 27G needle instead. Hee, no one can fool me when it comes to toe injections ;p
Quite sad on the daughter's scenerio....*sigh* what else can you really do...
Paring of calluses!
hey I do that for my patients too!
I guess in Singapore we don't have private podiatry clinics leh....
Post a Comment