Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Saturday adventure

It's the start of weekend and yet I gotta pull my lazy ass out of the bed at 6am for a re-accreditation on CPR course. Si beh sian.
Though the course start at 9am but I had to catch the first bus to the city and I simply refused to pay for any parking or toll fees. Plus I get a chance to snooze on the bus too.hurhur!
I had a day of fun and laughter at the class.Met up with other pods too and I've always enjoy meeting new people anyway. I was sitting beside this Auntie Pod.She can't help but saying at the start of the class to the tutor that "will we get a chance to knock off early?" LOL
Then I realised she is having her own private practice just near where I work too! Heh, she was quite keen to offer some jobs to me. At least I know there is always jobs around which I don't have to move around too much.


Start of the class at 9am.....zzzzzz

The rules have changed recently on CPR. No more compressions on an adult like 15:2 breaths and 5:1 breaths for kids. The new rate for the compressions for adults and younger children (except paediatrics) are 30:2 breaths. By right after 2 minutes cycle of compression, it is preferred to swap with another person who knows CPR so that you will not die from "hypoxia".

Stab/Penetrating wounds. Apparently another Auntie pod just pretended someone stabbed her with a knife on her back. Thank goodness she got a few nice auntie helping her to stabilise her 'wound'. So imaginative right?

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

happy belated birthday! I saw you you using the crumpler red bag.. I've got one for my birthday too..last week. =)