Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Round up on St Patrick's Day

Last last Sunday, I super sian(bored). Usually I will wake up quite late on a Sunday but I decided to make an exceptional trip to the city for once a year St Pat's parade.
What i didn't realise that there were quite a decent number of population of irish living in Sydney. For instance, the city was painted in green and loud roaring cheers from the crowds.

This is taken at George Street-one of the main roads in Sydney city. Thank goodness I managed to secure a spot for my photo takings ;p But there was this Irish auntie apparently trying to videocam the whole parade who went tell off this little girl not to stand in her way and waving her flag. Obviously, such incident pissed off the girl's grandma. I was almost sandwiched' by the aunties when they start picking on each other. I should have pluck up my courage and tell off that rude videocam auntie that this is public place and everyone is entitled to his/her own space. If she wants to film the whole bloody thing then she should move somewhere else instead. Qi si ren.

Start of the parade

Irish Wolfhound-one of the tallest dogs.Mr Irish knight-wahhh*screams*

Old double decker Irish bus

Family Day for the young and old

Irish Hotdog with some salty fried onions. I wanted to try this dish called "black pudding in a roll". Black pudding is made of some pig's blood which is brought to fry.As part of typical irish breakfast -_-

My dessert-taste like pancakes. Choc fudge with maple syrup topped icing sugar. See, I also wore a green dress to blend in with the atomosphere.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

St Patrick's Day... Hmm... Just too bad I can't be there on the island itself (because the terms weren't fantastic).

I could have been there forever if I have my way...

Glad you had fun!

Rachel said...

Hi xiao mei!
Looks like you had lots of fun last weekend. Wish I was there with you :)

Those irish wolfhounds look very cool :) And your hot dog looked yummy. Hope you had a good time this weekend too!

Anonymous said...

Wow wow... Can c u really enjoy yrself...

looks fun and you got a very nice spot to take photos...

Yes.. the hotdog looks GOOD!! Wish i was there too!! :P

Hv a fruitful week ahead... :)

Flatfeet said...

Sigh, everyone should fly in earlier next time to join me for St Pat's day! OHh i must say the irish hotdog is losing out to the aussies ones for sure!! ;p