Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lift bargers

Ever since my return from Oz, Singaporeans seem to be getting more impatient and I do hate to use this term called 'rude ass'. Let me cite an example.

My bro and myself were taking a lift up to a resturant at Raffles Town Club. This young lady just simply barge into the lift without waiting for the passengers to walk out the door. I was really giving her a cold hard stare. To think a well-dressed woman like her doesn't possesed the slight bit of courtesy.
Lousy beech.
Actually, I can give countless of the similar examples here at the hospital too.
Why everyone must be so 'gan cheong' (impatient) to get into the lift? Not as if the lift has 'legs' to run away.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is in a rush in Singapore. Fast paced life. Exciting and always on the move.

Eh supposed to be a good thing you know? Buzzing city right?

Anyway I think if you ask the lady she would say she thought you guys were not getting out of the lift. And if you said you were then she'd say you guys were too slow in getting out so how would she know you guys wanted to get out?

Basically you must also RUSH OUT of the lift if you want to get out at the next floor.

You never see before meh? Before lift door open everyone get ready at the middle of the lift door to CHEONG OUT!

I think part of this practice and habit is derived from the MRT lah.

Eh the MRT doors close very fast one you know!

You line up nicely, let people get off the train, then the people in front of you get on, the train is crowded to movement in is slow then before you know it, "di di di di "Doors are closing!" and the door closes in front of you and you got to wait for the next train! KNN!

So how? Train come, door open, people get off then CHEONG AR!!! Or better Train door open people getting off you cheonging in also!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wah the MRT one is really ultimate! i think we can definately get our next olympic medla for 100m dash. Alot of potential.

Anonymous said...

Gah that was me by the way hahaha

Anonymous said...

Dr Oz: The lift is in a country club what. What's there to rush? So unglam on her part to get into the lift hastily. I hate taking trains at peak hours. Nowadays I prefer the buses. At least I don't have to cheong and smell other people's armpit.
Higher chance of getting a seat too.

Shan: Do you miss cheong in and out at the MRT?

-flatfeet

Anonymous said...

Just a few days ago I was a lift barger!

You see the carpark in my HDB estate where I liver connects to the lifts on the 3rd floor.

I am so used to parking on the 3rd floor, walking over to the lifts, pressing for a lift then getting into the lift to go up to my flat. Usually the people inside the lift are also going up and not getting off. If they are then they usually are ready to get out of the lift.

So this time the lift door opened and the lady inside was looking at her mail and did not look like she was getting out. So I went in and then she started trying to get out of the lift.

So I think sometimes it depends what floor you are getting off and what floor the lift stops when your "lift barger" comes in.

Dentist Down Under said...

dr oz bloke:

HAHA you cracked me up