Living in the old routine
For the past years which I've stayed in Australia, I've never felt uneasy in terms of going shopping or watching movie on the weekend by myself. Once I've returned to my motherland, till now at least, I do miss the quality-time-to-be-spent-on myself only very much. There seems to be so much going on at home. On the weekends it could be either going out with friends for meals, running errands, family gatherings, paperwork to be cleared,...etc.
It didn't take me too long to initiate that from now with the Sunday mornings, it shall be soley devoted for myself. Sounds pathetic? Well, I'm not surprised for some individuals ( whom I assumed ) who are lack of independent spirit type.
Here's the plan on how my typical Sunday routine is like:
- Long distance running/cycling starts as early as 7am
- Breakfast at home
- Going to Parkway after a nice long bath. (I love doing supermarketing at Cold Storage, Japanese/Korean stores too!)
- Cook lunch : usually I'll make salads or pasta
(sounds very domestic indeed)
The rest of the day follow by newspaper reading, watching CSI on AXN channel, paperwork and thinking about what do I really wanna do with my life (kiddin' ;p)
***********
Small bitc* about work
We got a new fellow who joined us on board few months ago. He/She doesn't appear to function really well on the job. I wonder why the graduates from that particular uni doesn't seemed to produce competent practitioners. I'm not saying that Im tip-top clinician. The last thing which I don't wanna do is to clear up someone's mess. Ptooi lor!
2 comments:
Hey guess what i was thinking abt the same thing too. In sg we always go out with people but in overseas we just seem to be able to go out on our own and not feel so weird about it. XD
When I get back I also must dedicate some ME time to continue cooking crazy food liek DAU SAR BIAHs!
hey flatfeet mei! your Sunday does indeed sound like a very typical "aussie" Sunday. It is good to have time to yourself. It helps to relax mind and body. Also, you had different experiences to most people having lived away from home so good on you for finding a happy medium to how to spend your days off.
Post a Comment