Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ugly Fugly Singaporeans



I have witnessed this scene far too many times while travelling in a MRT train. Let me get direct to the point. Singaporeans' butts are far too heavy to be lifted off the seats in order to offer to those elderly folks or pregnant ladies. I get totally annoyed when someone (especially the young and ignorant people out there -shame on you!) just simply refusing to give up his/her seats to someone else who needed more. Is it because it's too 'paiseh' (shy) thing for being considerate? There was once I was on the verge of asking a young man to stand up so this poor preggy lady could take a seat. It was quite obvious that she was struggling abit to gain the balance while the train is on the move. Oh well...



Most Singaporeans do get on with good education but that doesn't mean they are good with their courtesy mannerism. In fact, I do failed on Singaporeans very badly for lack of graciousness. While they do care more for themselves other than sparing a thought for others. For instance, this middle lady was talking on the phone while her body was blocking the tapping machine. If she's not getting off, then she should move her ass to the back of the bus la. What's more, the 'gan cheong spider' uncle even tried to stretch his arms for miles in order to get his card tapped before arriving the destination.

People don't queue for the buses. Somehow, I would think Singaporeans could be jolly doing well in rugby games since most of the communters that I saw enjoy pushing and digging their way through relentlessly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

release the anger sistah! haha
singaporeans not as nice as us australians lar! :)
wonks x

Anonymous said...

Another funny one is when drivers will rather fight for a parking lot at a lower level when there are plenty of parking lots if they just drove ONE MORE floor up!

Singapore very competitive lah. That's how we have survived as a nation. It's a national culture to be selfish and competitive.

Without this, Singapore would collapse. It's all we have. We got no natural resources mah.

Dentist Down Under said...

haha to tell you the truth I am reluctant to give up my seat to the oldies after being scolded so many times. Now I will only give up my seat to kids/preggie women/women with kids. The oldies can continue to stand since they think they are very young. Hmph