
I miss home
This is probably the 6th year that I've missed watching a National day parade. As far I can recall, it is always pleasant to remind me of someone whom we've watched 'live' parade at the stadium in 2000. Under the fireworks, me sipping the Yeo's chrysanthenam(?spell) while he sang along with a tumberine(spell?) on one hand. It was a magnificent night with spectacular performances by all races of fellow Singaporeans. Indeed, one nation one Singapore.
****************************
Do you know?
Bus fares in Sydney are to be paid via cash or card. No Ezlink system and that's really sad.
I was running late for my Lancome makeup class in City. When I got to the bus stop, the transport just arrived. I fumbled my wallet that I've got only a fifty dollar and a five dollar notes. The bus drive refused to accept my 5o note for a return ticket which cost like $10.80. So I have used the $5note for just one way. Afterwards, he said I cannot produce a 50 note next time to pay my fare.
Knn....... The next passenger after me paid for his ticket and had his change roll off the bus steps.
Can someone imagine how difficult can it be for an elderly to go down the steps and pick up the change? There's no coin box for your deposit. One has to hand over the cash by hand to the driver. Friggin time consuming I must say.
On the lighter note, I'll be going for a lancome makeover next Sat. Very exciting!!
5 comments:
Hey your "ching chong" furnitures don't look as bad as you said, you should see those at my aunt's place! *shiver* Like stepping back in time to the Qing dynasty, hurhur
Hmmm... I wanna move out of home...
Yeah, weird but true. =)
Beautiful Fireworks which you've missed....come home soon loh...
DDU: I need to show u more pics next time. The ching chong furniture hidden at all corners of house.SO many ok!? I can pass some to u. hmph.
Eliza: Once you move out of home, there are a lot of responsibilities to cater for. Eg. paying bills on them. NO overspending allowed. Good in a way to build up on your discipline on budgeting. Then you'll start to realise home is still the best except for nagging part ;p
heh public transport companies don't install more expsnive systems is because they just want profits. They are afraid that even for a year they may break even or have less profits as people are too scared of technology like the ah mas and will avoid the public transport altogether. Or they are afraid that people will rebel because they feel they are being "forced" to top up a certain amount when all they want to take is a one way trip. i.e. people here are more afraid of technology and advancement.
Also, the companies are private and thus have interest in their own pockets rather than the general public. Unlike the MRT which is owned by Tamasek holdings and the Govt. who wants to keep public transport smooth and quick so less people buy cars and clog up the roads. Also they are aware some singaporeans can't afford cars. by the way, COE prices have dropped dramatically, so cars are more affordable. However, the ERP prices have more than doubled as the Govt calculated they can earn more money this way with ERP, car parking tickets etc. So now they are swinging back to promoting cars on the road.
Post a Comment