
Make up or Break up?
Last Saturday, I enrolled myself into an hour makeup crash course by Lancome in the city. M.Brown was the international makeup guru for Lancome and I was quite delighted to have a better understanding about colour blending, texture of the products, brushes, latest product innovations etc... And I've managed to secure a free makeover which I've never had it done before. What's more, I've got a free goodie pack of lancome samples, minature perfume (Tresor), and a mascara. Oh not forgetting a free latest edition of Cosmopolitan mag.
There are a lot of perceptions about girls on makeup. Some like it over the top and some rather not like it. To me, make up is just like another form of art. Some people prefer to express theartform on the canvas, some prefer on the faces. Make up gives me the freedom to be creative with colours on face. However, it would be quite unfair for someone to say that makeup is for vain girls only, especially when that someone doesn't know anything about it.
Ok, it's partly true that girls who make up wanna look bootiful.What the heck!
There could be also reasons like a bit of colour on face can help to improve self esteem ( this can be applied to people with facial scarring or unslightly marks) ; helps to build up the confident ( makeup can act like 'oumph'- u know whaddya mean!).
What the Lancome guru had also commented that to put on a perfect makeup , the end result is to look as if there's 'no' make up. In other words, it has to look 'natural' in regardless what colours you have applied. In other other words, it also indicated that the end result is not something that make the eyes sore looking at it.
Hope I'm making some senses here. heh heh.To be skillful in makeup is never easy and certainly requires a lot of time to improve the techniques on it.

Freebies show down!

Sexy eyes can tell a story
3 comments:
wah such nice eyes!!! Hey next time you can practice on me!
Make up to me is nothing but a waste of time. I would rather sleep in hehe, also I have seen my boss's face mask and it gets very gross especially in summer, yet to save money she keeps the same one on all day even when half her make up and lipstick has been wiped on it. Eeeeee.
If I make up then people know it is a special occasion :P
I agree that make up should emphasise the natural beauty. It is the girls who wear too heavy make up that make you feel they are probably insecure and trying to hide under all the make up. Also some girls make up until looks like Wayang (chinese painted faces opera) and that is really too much!
Rachel jie! welcome back! ;D
OK, i'll have a little experimental colour session on you when both of us are free then.hurhur.Just in case you don't know what to get for ya boss for xmas, an oil-free makeup kit will do the trick. ;pp
haha! You are enjoying yourself too, aren't you? =)
Writing stuff on my blog merely shows one side of my life for the day... It's nice to read something cheery rather than depressed stuff, tt's why. =)
Usually, I am just drained out at the end of my day. Enjoying my work? Yes. When day ends? I dare say I am living in Oz in a way where life seems to end after 9pm.
Post a Comment