Sunday, December 10, 2006

Diggin' into weekend

Tis good is Friday. Had a X'mas dinner with the colleagues from previous foot clinic. The only difference of having an Aussie Xmas gathering means each of them has to pay for their own meals and drinks. This is a common culture for small business groups. Unless if one works in a big multi firms, THEN the company may pay for your party. Anyhow, I was quite bored over there really. It's like having a meal with a bunch of people who are much older than my parents.

*******************************

Bonous entry:

I'm not sure what's the best way to put it. I feel that I may or may be in near future facing communication breakdowns once I get back to Sg for good.
People aren't tune into saying nice things unless it's for a reason. Don't know how to explain it. I'm sorta stuck right now. Basically, when the local folks say something especially when they are in a angry phase, they cannot calm down and say in proper, nice sentences without offending the opposite party.
For instance,
Angry peep:" I was shocked that why my pay has got deducted for no reason?"
Instead, why not try saying like " Can you please help me check on my pay which has been paid lesser than the usual?"

On the contrary, I think there are a lot of angry people in Singapore. To be more specific, a large population of angry people that I've encountered with has an underlying psychiatric disease.
Pardon me if I'm wrong to say that.





2 comments:

Dr Oz bloke said...

Oi! U still in Singapore meh? (Sorry ar, this is how Singaporeans talk LOL!) You been in Oz too long liao lah. Spoilt by the courteous and civil Aussies.

Anyway, dun worry. You are Singaporean. It will be no problem for you. Also you are yellow skin right? So don't go hoping people will be more polite to you. Only the white skin one then "more politer" to them.

Dun worry lah. Everything will be solid bom beep beep one. After all you choose to come back to Singapore mah. Make the best of it!

Cheers!

Flatfeet said...

Hen nah, Dr Oz.
I'm sure I'll regain my Singkapor roots in no time.