Everyone wants a piece of me
Dr Dualuokun and Dr Smallloukun of xx discipline want me to set priority to see their patients at anytime because they are doing expensive treatments which need to follow up with me asap. Sounds like an emergency case? That's what they have been telling the patients so patients would in turn tell me about their 'urgency' and maybe hopefully, they can cut queue to be seen earlier than expected.
Those Drs are seriously driving me up to the walls.
Think about this:
Miss Alone is seeing patients from
-medical
-surgical
-Orthopaedic
-vascular
-polyclinic referrals
-private clinic referral
-rehabiliation unit
-A&E referral
On average I'm seeing 20 patients a day with 1/2 hour max consult time per person.
If I've allocated additional 3 patients from xx discipline with 1/2hr max consult time per person, that would also mean certain patients will have approximately 1 1/2 hr lag of waiting time prior seeing me.
Everyone should be treated and given equal opportunity to see any healthcare pracitioner. I don't see any benefit (except for theirs) except with the possibility of getting burnout. In addition, my assistant has no reason to stay back late as she's not entitled any OT pay.
Why are Drs are so like that??
ME vs 5 Drs from xx discipline is quite obvious there is only a limited amount of patients I can see per day.
I'm only a human being leh. knn......
2 comments:
It's like that one lah. This is how Singapore is so efficient.
If you can't take it, quit!
No leh,I refused to give in. It would be the hospital's loss asking me to quit. If that happens, I bet they must be paying much much more to import foreign talents. Otherwise, the receptionists can do nothing everyday but to cancel all appointments which have been made 3 months in advanced.hurhur.
Post a Comment