Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hello Hello

I received , in fact, many calls from the nurses of xx discipline asking for earlier appointment for the patient or if they can send their patients down right at the very moment for me to followup instead of making another appointment.

Nurse: " Hi Miss FF, I understand that you got a lot of patients booked in advanced. Can I just send one patient down for you to see?"

Me: " I'm sorry you can't. There are already quite a number of patients waiting at the area. Maximum waiting time is 2-3 hours. How? "

Nurse:" Oh like that uh. But patient need to be seen urgently so if you can't see her today means she has to call appointment centre and wait for another 2 months is it?"

Me:" Of course. You know that I'm fully booked with patients in advanced. If there's anything more urgent than you think , you can ask your Dr to talk to me instead. Otherwise, I'm not able to hold on the line longer as I've got a patient sitting right infront of me now."

Can't stand talking to people without putting their thinking caps on. Seriously, I'm mounted with patients everyday. It doesn't really make a difference if I see more or less patients from xx discipline. Pay will be the same, the workload is heavy enough, patients are constantly flowing in like running tap water, so why I should prioritise those big shots for their benefits. If the management can't forsee the need to meet the high demand for such services, there is nothing much I can do besides doing what I can.


Sigh, I don't even have the time to get Duofilm paint to zap off the wart on my foot. Knnccb lah!

No comments: