Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mom was saying......

She is craving to become a grandma *eyes roll up*

***************

Mini Kaopeh entry:

One of the private patients was saying this:" why we pay for private rate and still have to wait for so long to be seen??"

I wonder why too.

4 comments:

Dr Oz bloke said...

One of the private patients was saying this:" why we pay for private rate and still have to wait for so long to be seen??


Which is why I never refer any of my patients who are willing to pay private rates to the government restructured hospitals.

If you're going to pay anyway, might as well go for the real thing right?

Dentist Down Under said...

Is it because the private rate is cheaper in the government hospital than the actual private practice?

Flatfeet said...

Dr Ozbloke: Of course I prefer the pts go for the real thing. As you know in my line of profession, it doesn't matter pts are private or not. They need to Q-up accordingly. hurhur. However, some Drs out there think their pts can get 'priority' when they come and see me.If I allow that to happen, I think the aunties or uncles wouldn't be happy about it.

DDU: I would think it makes no difference. Except Q will be much shorter in actual private prac lah.

Dr Oz bloke said...

yup!

It is a misnomer that private sector prices are a lot more in the public sector's "paying class".

It's part of the "marketing" from the government I guess.

Just to illustrate, KKH's maternity programs for paying patients is abotu the same as that for Thomson Medical Centre. If you go to KKH, the car park is always empty, the paying clinics are like ghost towns.