Thursday, June 07, 2007

我的心声

Middle aged ladies are the toughest group of customers which I find it hard to handle sometimes. I feel totally drained especially after each consulation. No offence to the ladies who fall into such age gap.

They tend not to answer questions directly when asked.
Eg: When I ask if there's any specific pain on the foot, she will say like :" ya everywhere and all over my legs, back also. Sometimes the knees."

They tend to forget what they say.
Eg.
Me: I would think an xray will be necessary to rule out any other conditions on your feet.
SHE: Ya that would be better

*after xrays done

SHE: Aiyoh, why must wait for so long to know results. Must send for reporting immediately. Actually why I don't know why I need an xray leh.

Is there a necessity to kaopeh kaobu so much. Knn.

They like to ask questions over and over again.

SHE: I get the shoes first or insoles first. The shoes I have at home is normal one. Insoles looks so hard. Don't want to wear lah. But my foot still pain leh.How uh?

See, such patients always enjoy beating around the bush despite the fact that I've clearly explained the treatment plan.

What's worst.When they get confused, they refused to leave the clinic and think think think for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.



3 comments:

Dentist Down Under said...

Refer stupid/psycho patients to someone else!

Dr Oz bloke said...

Flatfeet,

Aussie patients not so stupid and frustrating meh?

I'm used to this sort of thing liao.

In Singapore must be like teflon. When the shit flies at you, it doesn't stick! LOL!

Flatfeet said...

DDU: I wish I have the power to refer those Mr or Mdm Psychos.

Dr Ozbloke: I'm generating the telfon within my inner self. I'm sure in no time that shit will not stick with me for too long.
Of course there are stupid pts everywhere. Maybe because I've worked in a more civilised location. Try working in rural areas filled with Aboriginals. They can drive u mad instantly!
Ask DDU!