My beloved patient said .....
"I think this job not suitable for you lah. You should become a flight stewardess. Suits u more"
- Wow, this auntie enjoyed giving good career advice.
*****************
A senior Dr started dishing out sharp blades to patients so they can help themselves to remove the hard skin on their feet. I'm so frigging pisssed. So what the fug the Dr still refer the pts to me for what?
Contraindicated my job scope. Knncb.
8 comments:
Probably cos there are too few of you and the wait list for appointments is too long!
Sometimes from the doctor's point of view it is also tough, cos we know the callosity is there, and the patient wants something to be done, but the queue to see you is too long.
How?
Hmm maybe they should send them to me. I also do paring of corns and thin callosities leh. It's quite fun to do :)
Dr Ozbloke: Then you should go for a DPM (Dr of podiatric medicine) if u ever migrate to Canada.
There's a tool called Footfile which may help to reduce the callus. At most the Dr can debride it and ask the pts to maintain it using a file. Not issuing sharps or razor blades lor!!!!
Corns must dig one. Have you got one on your foot. I can demo it to u. hurhur.- Flatfeet
Actually for my corn paring I use a sharp surgical scissors and slowly undermine the edges from the periphery.
I get what you mean by dig. Yes in those long standing corns they can extend quite deep!
Actually it is quite fun to do. How much to cut so that there is no bleeding. Make the surface even and level.
But I can't imagine doing it under time pressure and with impatient people all around you.
Hope you're having a good day.
all this talk feet scares the shit out of me. dont know how you guys touch these things!
Dr Ozbloke: If the corn is enucleated, there should be a cavity seen(may or may not bleed).
If the surface is still even, mean u haven't dig enough lor. It should come out like a 'little pebble'. heh heh.
Ok lah, at least you are not too bad. Able to identify between corns and callus which most Drs can't do that. -flatfeet
Yeah! You're right flatfeet!
When you do it correctly it comes out leaving behind a crater. What I meant was trying to level the edges of the crater a bit by trimming the edges with the scissors. Depends how the corn was removed in the first place.
Usually after getting off the top dry hard bit (which can be a very big broad piece), I see a smaller translucent area that is still part of the corn. That's where the corn started from and is the root I reckon. And that's where the "digging" starts.
Occasionally, can see some punctate bleeding spots which signifies that it has a viral wart elements to it as well? In that case can add on Verrumal application after debulking the callosity/corn.
I used to love treating corns for patients in my old job. The only problem was that the patients were fugly and rude and kpkb and all expected to pay like $5 only.
So far I have had one case in my current job and I did the job, charged $20 for the 30 minute work and patient was VERY UNHAPPY saying it was TOO EXPENSIVE.
After that no more liao.
I wonder how much the other clinics are charging.
But I think they use those scapels so fast fast with blood one and done wrongly. I remember when I was in Ortho at the hospitals the ortho consultant said use scalpel to pare the corn. But I adapted myself and found that with scissors my control is better and the patients get less cases of bleeding and pain.
I guess doctors dunno squat about how to pare corns properly.
Dr Ozbloke: I know in private practice for pod is charging somewhere between 75 to 100 dollars per consult.
Corns must debride with a scalpel leh. This is the first time I've heard using a scissors. Put it on a U-tube!
If you do see dark pinpoints on the callus, most likely it's a wart. I've got good resolution for patients using Duofilm ; )
20dollars is sibeh cheap.Your patient is trying to rip you off!
-flatfeet
"20dollars is sibeh cheap.Your patient is trying to rip you off!"
That's not what she told me. She accused ME of ripping HER off!
Cut cut cut with scissors nia mah. $20??
Oh well. She should do it for herself then. LOL!
Post a Comment