Sunday, August 19, 2007

Aging



Someone always thought I looked like 35yo.



How upsetting... ... -__-





*************************

Bugis Bagus



After paying a visit at Dr Oz's clinic last Saturday, took a one-stop train ride to Bishan station. Caught up with Con's friend to get the tickets on her behalf for a chinese drama play. Met up with Cons at Raffles MRT station. Such a shame it was pouring heavily on that day as we've planned to check out the rivermarkets at the Arts House. A lot of stalls selling upmarket accessories armed with their own creavitiy and labellings. When I was staying in Oz, I don't mind paying such handmade accessories. But the locals seem to give me the impression that since there isn't any brand attached, it may not worth to pay the price for that particular item.

Eg, a handmade bag will not comparable to a stylish branded bag.

This is probably the best way I can put it.



Got a call from Em saying that there was another bazzar happening at Nafa along Bencoolen St.Gosh, that place was packed with (mainly) ladies. Not your ideal Giordano or U2 brand clothings. Most of the fashion are in its vintage form. Prices can be a little on the steep side. After rummaging a few stalls, we decided to move on to Bugis for a drink.



Cons is doing 4 yrs of chinese studies at Beijing Uni. So her 'comrade' arrived. We chatted a lot about living overseas, our experiences vs local expectations. We agreed that we find it hard to communicate with our local friends especially after staying overseas for quite sometime.No, I'm not trying to judge on those who hasn't or can't afford to get a taste of living overseas. Going abroad has taught me a better person than I used to be. ( I'm more patience with others. Being considerate, always spare a thought of others. Know when to protect yourself and be firm..etc)

Regular travelling has also broaden my horizons on certain aspects of life. I used to be a timid little girl who wasn't very good at open up myself.

So there you go.







2 comments:

Ben said...

35 ONLY har? lolol

Anonymous said...

40 years old :)