Hullo! This is Mdm Flatfeet and my boobs are not flat.
*Disclaimer: Any events or incidents as described here are purely frictional or in my pre/post manic stage.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Who ask you to move your frigging leg?
1 prick= 1 punctured hole each on both brachial areas= 3 tubes of blood samples= 1 incident report to be done
No, Im not afraid of my own death.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Happened to me before last time when I was an A&E MO. Made the report, went for the tests etc...
Later on in my career was talking to a senior consultant and he was telling me that such tests were for the purpose of protecting the hospital. Not for the interests of the healthcare worker.
If you were later found to have Hep B or AIDS...you think the hospital will still let you work? Still hire you? Pay you compensation?
Tan Ku Ku!
He said that many surgeons get needle pricks all the time, but they never bother to report. What for? Better not to know. Less you know the better and more normal your life continues to be.
Was a scary thought. But then it made sense on an individual point of view. If I got AIDS or Hep B, there goes my ability to work and make a living as a healthcare professional.
I know there is some aspect about protecting the patient etc....but hey, what about the affected worker? Got pension plan? Got compensation plan? Last I checked. Boh leh!
2 comments:
Happened to me before last time when I was an A&E MO. Made the report, went for the tests etc...
Later on in my career was talking to a senior consultant and he was telling me that such tests were for the purpose of protecting the hospital. Not for the interests of the healthcare worker.
If you were later found to have Hep B or AIDS...you think the hospital will still let you work? Still hire you? Pay you compensation?
Tan Ku Ku!
He said that many surgeons get needle pricks all the time, but they never bother to report. What for? Better not to know. Less you know the better and more normal your life continues to be.
Was a scary thought. But then it made sense on an individual point of view. If I got AIDS or Hep B, there goes my ability to work and make a living as a healthcare professional.
I know there is some aspect about protecting the patient etc....but hey, what about the affected worker? Got pension plan? Got compensation plan? Last I checked. Boh leh!
I totally agree! That's why I still haven't got my blood test done and I don't think I will.
Post a Comment