Day 'tour'
Since I've managed to secure a job back in my motherland, I was asked to do a pre-medical checkup prior the work commencement date. To elaborate further, the HR could only confirmed the work offer last Friday and I'm leaving to oz..like.....tomorrow! That leave me for just TODAY to do all sorts of pre-check requisit.
The day began with breakfast in Geylang. I managed to eat roti prata (again!) and a plate fried carrot cake. Feeling satisfied. My dad dropped me off to Bedok to have my health check. Once I got there, the nurse said I got to have my xray done at East Shore Hospital since the clinic hasn't got the radiology department set up. Win lor. After taking my height and weight (SHEESH my weight seems to increase everyday ever since I've been here), I waited for my turn to see the GP.
What a small world. The GP was someone whom i've worked with when she was only a houseman. We went on rattling for a while and she asked if we could have lunch when I'm back for good. Come to think of it, when we first worked together was like almost 7 years ago. The more amazing thing is she could still remember which ward I've worked in. Very impressive indeed. I reckon she could be sending more 'chao kah' (smelly feet) cases to the hosp when I'm back.
Next, I took a cab to East Shore and have my chest xray done. Afterwards, I have to go somewhere in the East to have acupucture for my stiff neck. (yes it works wonderfully well. At least, better than the physio I must say).
By the late afternoon, I managed to squeese abit of time for shopping at chinatown.
WO HAO LEI uh!!!
3 comments:
Eh? I was also a houseman about 7 years ago leh!
Is the dr you saw Dr J. L? Or Dr J. T? My classmates got a clinic in Bedok I think :)
Maybe I also work with you before! Which hospital were you in? Haha!
Singapore is like that one. They dun give you much time one because we live in such an efficient society mah! If you were in Oz, won't be able to make such deadlines right? But they would give you more time?
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Singapore :)
Hey you! So soon go back to Aussie?! When are u going back to work for good?
Helloo... you dont know me so dont start scratching your head. I was just looking at your virtual tourist site coz i'm bored in perth and was looking for things to do. Anyways, then i realize we have the same birthday so i read on and came here... love the pisces thing btw ")... i've been in perth for about 3 weeks now still got 4 weeks to go, am on student attachment at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital... and guess what... I'm a physio student ahaha... yeah so that little line about acupuncture being better than physio soooo pisses me off... yeah rite... kidding lah... it depends on whose magic fingers you get yourself on.... okies just thought I should leave you a small note coz ure blog and webbies were quite interesting reads... made my sunday "eventful" lol... okielah i gotta go shower and catch that australian idol finale... to complete the whole lazy sunday thing I've got gg on here.... tis my email s_farhana@hotmail.com if you wanna reply. I may be a lot younger and you older haha (kidding lah) but hey, friends come in all ages, all sizes, shape and all that other stuff rite... see ya around my fellow allied health care professional... ")
Post a Comment