Wednesday, December 08, 2004

QUIT

Needless to say, I've quitted at the private practice within 5 minutes of meeting with the Boss.
This is how he begin with the conversation:

Boss:" I think this is not working out. And I think it's a waste of time for you to be here and not many patients booked in. But some patients do like you. You are better off to work in the hospital where your interest is."

Me (listening to his conversation intensively):" That's ok with me. I've already given some thoughts into it. Working in the hospital is not easy to get the job." - What the *uck he has the right to tell me where to work. Totally none of his business anyway.

Boss:" well, you can stop working today or whenever."

Me:" sounds good. I aint got a problem with that. That's it."

Gotta go since my last patient is here waiting for me.

What kind of boss he is to just "delete" me off like this. As I've mentioned earlier on, I always feel there is an unpleasant intense working with his wife. And his looks give me creep and now I am having goose bumps when I think of it.
Right now, I feel a lot happier and less uptight or should I say, no more ironing the stupid uniform. I've asked the patients before whether he can identify who is who working in the clinic. The receptionists wear a lighter blue and opposed to a podiatrist. The colour contrast makes no difference.

After treating the last patient, his wife claimed the boss wanted to speak to me. *oh my god, no more 'lectures'. Anyway, I just gave an excuse that I need to leave for another job in the afternoon. Can't be bothered to stay on and listen to craps. The only thing I've learnt here is having my patience level built up.

Seriously thinking, he 'pampered' the patients too much. It's like teaching a child from a start. If a child cries, you gave him a sweet to subside the wails. If the child cries louder, you probably end up giving in double. In this way, a child will never let you take control of him/her.

Poor Friend F suffered from some hives on her skin. Drove to get some meds for her. Damn those anti-histamines are so expensive. 7 Tabs for AUST$13.50!!?? Anyway, I understand the misery of having hives where it can just mess up your day doing nothing but itch.

No comments: