Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Singaporeans are being sympathetic enough or not?

Perhaps not.
I do read the news online back home and there is almost always a small part of the article or actions as described which is indicated by the public are viewed as unsympathetic. (or maybe the word empathic should come in here too).
On a recent post from Straits Time newspaper, the volunteers of ex-leprosy patients are looking for a decent resturant to celebrate the upcoming christmas festive season. In fact, they took weeks to find the makan place who is willing to take in such "people". To my disgust, one of the owners who has been intereviewed of why he refused the "offer" simply because he is running a business. So what if he is running a business, the patients are EX-leprosy and it's unlike going around to infect his potential customers. People seem to be quick in their judgements after hearing the first sentence /keyword - leprosy. Maybe one day he will get his own taste of 'medicine'. It's quite disappointing of seeing how Singaporeans only care for themselves especially on their personal gains.

Part 2:
Bloody housemate had the air conditioning on even though it's only MAX:27 degrees today. I think either he has a hormonal problem or he's too pampered. He can't even take care of himself - no cook, no drive, no wash clothes for ages,gaining weight. He's one of the most lazy ass-s I've ever seen. No help out of the house AT ALL. Well, some people are just born filthy rich and think he has the world by himself. Not eating sour grape syndrome but I feel sorry for him instead if he does have such thought.

Part3:
So dreadful going to work today. The patient arrived at 9am instead of 8am. The receptionist didn't ring me and I just hang around trying to keep myself awake while waiting. I am getting very very restless working in that practice. So BORING.

No comments: