Sunday, September 26, 2004

My throat, My THROAT!

Most likely I am suffering from the post nasal drip. Started off from having a blocked nose, progressed to irriation of my throat that felt as if the mucous is falling back instead of blowing it out. Got a fever in the middle of the night that dragged me off the bed to take panadols which I felt slightly better the next day. I just keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to see a Dr here. After seeing a few Drs here for my past consultations, I find that most Aust. Drs are not competent enough to treat small sickness in time. For instance, I was down with a cough for 2 weeks. The doc wanted me to have an x-ray done and conduct a spirometry test on me to eradicate the diagnosis of asthma.Think by the time I got all the tests done and results out, I'll probably end up coughing my lungs out. Geez, the health care in Aust can be quite expensive simply by having a few tests done. Tha's why it is so important for the people here to get adequate health insurance cover. Dental charges can cost a minimum of $100 bucks per visit.

Spent most of my weekends lying on the bed except went out to Market with a Jap friend on Saturday.

Jan , the SQ girl is coming to meet me in Perth next Sun! yay* at least something to look forward to over the weekend.

No comments: