What Do I see and feel on a Monday
My day started off working in a senior citizen centre and my hands were working non-stop from 9am all the way till 11yish snipping someone's toenails/scraping callous/eucleating corns for every 20 minutes. If I do get a 5 or 10 minutes break, I'll be busy scrubbing the instruments and topping up sterile water to the machine for autoclaving. And also trying to squeese a minute or two writing my patient's notes. Oh, another disabled Ah pek patient of mine (old man) tried to 'kiss' me in order to show his appreciation. Freaks me out a little definitely :<
Followed in the afternoon, I went over to another nursing home to work. Not everyone enjoys have their feet done. Some may yell and ask you to get lost. Others may even kick you onto your face. Some needs a little more coaxing in order to have them to sit still. Seriously,the longer I worked there, the capacity of my patience bulits up even greater. Some even asked me to cut their fingernails and I just do it without any hesitation. I can't stand long fingernails myself. It was then one of the carers started to ask me to look at her ingrown toenail. Heh, think I should start my own privatised business soon.
*New jobs alert: I'll be going to 3 prisons to work once a week based on rotation. Basically, I'll buy the basic supplies and charge them whatever I feel like for their respective treatments. At least, something to look forward to in October. That somehow makes me feel as though I am a businesswoman running 'mobile' clinics. At least, pay is heaps better than working anywhere else. In general, I would say it is not bad considering having working only 3-4 days a week and yet, being able to 'feed' myself.
Will be going for facial after my morning work tomorrow. Whee!
Thanks Susan! I have received the parcel from you today...of course, your name deserved a mention on my blog ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment