Saturday, September 04, 2004

Nope, no boogie on Saturday night.

It's unlike one of those Saturdays, finally I get a chance to stay at home and enjoy a can of Foster's in front of internet. This week is no difference to last week as in I've worked 2 Saturdays as a nurse in the hospital. The most dreadful thing about working on Saturday is to wake up at 5 yish in the morning :<

I've worked with so many war veterans and elderly folks....I began to realise that people nowadays (as being in a relationship) are less tolerant, less understanding, and less passionate. During the years of World War 1&2, these old folks had been through so much for the sake of keeping their relationsips alive. No matter where one meet each other or where one's from, they somehow managed to get together. Distance wasn't considered a hindrance despite the fact that the partner may come from another country. Times has changed indeed. We are moving beyong into a quicker pace than before. Emailing is just not good enough as part of basic tools of communication. We need pictures smsing and even digital camera installed onto the phones!
We are ought to be lucky in this booming new technology era which truly has made communication more accessible. My question is: doesn't long distance relationships work at all?
So far, I've got only a friend involved in this. I find it quite hard to understand if one just blames it on the distance apart as the main reason for the breakup.
If that's the main reason, why be in the relationship in the first place?
From my point of view, being distant apart seems to conquer the power of love...... unfortunately.

No comments: