Phobia of LOVE
My girlfriend, R was in town recently from Singapore. A few more days to go for R before she commenced her new job at a local mental health hospital as a nurse. Finally, we met on Tueday night to go to Hip-E club for a chill out. Free beer and roast burger before 9pm. It was all good until she won a bottle of Champagne and a cosmetic bag. Plus that bottle of alcohol must be consumed on that day itself. Somehow, I managed to see G and a few new pilot dudes. So I grabbed G and asked if his mates wanna share the drink with R and myself. Must be R's unlucky day....she met Ryan that night whereby Ryan used to be a bit 'crazy' on R. *lol* But still, Ryan has his cute side of it and very witty too.
Got to know another friend of G who is D. He works as a dental surgeon and has been friends with G for the past 17 years. I thought it would be nice to know another dentist besides my daily online buddy, VN in queensland. We exchanged numbers coz I thought of bringing R and D around perth. Anyway, we didn't go in the end. The funny thing is how D just touched behind my shoulders as we walked to the dance floor that night. I mean, I would rarely get close to anyone especially if I am meeting him/her for the first time. Call me a conservative brain. It probably meant nothing at all.
Saw G and the pilot gang again at Margeaux's. It was my first time there since the R's whole housemates are going too. More like an international gang with people from Germany, Australia, Singapore, Norway. Had a couple of drinks but what sux that night was waiting for R's friend freaking long. R was nice to buy me a drink that night anyway. And I met D again....it took me a while to get warm up and say Hi to him. Basically he was standing there and people watching. Basically that's how I managed to start a little conversation with him.
Actually, D was rather an easy going guy, career-minded, with 80% of nerd in him. What a shame he is leaving on this coming Friday. Perhaps, that's why he didn't bother to show any intentions of keeping in touch. Ultimately, it is gonna be an issue in singapore vs perth thing. I don't even know where my career is going to take me which places. Maybe he did show his keeness but well....what I can say. No doubt I did say that :" perhaps it would be the last time I'll be seeing you. Have a good trip and have fun on the rest of the days." His reply was like :" good bye?"-many times?
arrghh*
I don't know whether he was thinking at that time...it was like 2am.
The only thing is we did exchanged numbers and I got a card where he works at a private pracitice.
No comments:
Post a Comment