Zap!
Woke up in the morning feeling groggy and heaviness in my head. My blocked nose syndrome's getting bad to worst! Found a last tab of Sudafed plus a panadol in my medical kit. Felt slightly better after taking those meds.
Worked in the afternoon and boss spoke to me for a while. Ok, let me get this straight. He criticised me for writing a poor Dr's referral:
"
Mr x attended the podiatry clinic on 7/10/04. He presented with reddness, swelling and inflammation of left 2nd toe (?gout). Please kindly assess and provide treatment if necessary."
On the serious note, I find that this referral is short and sweet , direct to the point. Which Dr would bother to take more than 5 mins to read a referral or as if an essay is required here. The boss thinks that I should use the brackets and instead, I should write something like this :" the signs and symptoms appear to be like gout. " So with this sentence, it will make the referral sounds nice and flowy. Duh* That's the thing working in private practice. Everything has to be perfect as it seems. I've worked in several place/clinics and written a number of referrals to Dr and surgeons even. In general, his comments are not strong enough to back up where the problem lies on my referral.
By the way, I was very glad that I save a patient's toe! It all began from having 2 small pockets of pus on her 3rd toe plus she has always been very healthy without any medical problems. The Dr told her that she could have suffer from terrible ulcers if not treated promptly. Neither did she felt any pain nor discomfort from those ulcers. The Dr was impressed that I've noted this early and of course, my pt was so thankful throughout. 'Small' things certainly can make a big difference.
In addition, read from the Straits Time online that Singapore is going to set a full -pledged podiatry centre! That means all the diabetic patients may stand a better chance from not having foot /lower limb amputations with regular diabetic footcare and screening tests.
No comments:
Post a Comment