Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Moving *again*

Back in Sydney and now tying to get back into usual routine. My *itch landlord was 'kind' enough to give me only 7 days' notice to evacuate the house. I spotted a self-contained granny flat just 5 mins down the road and hopefully no one has taken that house yet.

Work is as usual except suffering from a bit of jetlag (no doubt I am only 2 hours ahead of Singapore's time). I was so wide awake at 12mn, feeling that it's still too early to sleep. I am planning to work one day a week at a local hospital which is like about 20mins drive from where I lived. At least, that would give me more opportunity to meet more new people.

Hasn't been talking to Dad much ever since I got home. He and his menopausal mood. That is something really hard for me to accept for what he is now. He gets into a foul mood out of the blue and the next time he is trying to talk to you in a cool and calm manner. There are certain things which I can't stand him asking me to do. He is a good hearted person but if only he can stop asking me to diagnose his friends' feet condition. He brought me to this Aunty's place and asked if I can do anything to her arthritic knee.Obviously, my dad doesn't know what I'm doing in profession. The last time he asked if I could help this uncle with his foot drop problem which eventually lead a major upsetting incident between us. For a moment, I can't believe we are quarrelling over a stranger.That's the thing in traditional Asians. They can't lose 'face'. They need to show off what they are good at...or rather presenting themselves in the best manner.
Maybe I will apologise to him in regardless whether I've done anything wrong or not. Just to make him happy at least.

No comments: