Saturday, July 30, 2005

Patient's sorrow

Mrs Sandler (not her real name of course) is from the country and just moved to the Sydney to live with her sister since the husband passed away recently. She sold the house and right now trying to look for one unit apartment or granny flat to live. Mrs Sandler is in her 70s and came in for a podiatry visit yesterday.
She looks healthy except for a stroke which causes the right -sided weakness to her body.
Since she haven't been to see a podiatrist for ages, I began to start trimming her toenails first. The next thing is she broke down and said:" I miss Russell so much.......he was my soul mate."
Being in a profession, I always think one should be more empathic rather than sympathetic towards the patients. In the end, I got her distracted in the conversations which at least, made it easier for my treatment.

She must have loved him so much........ As for me, I am still waiting patiently for someone whom I can grow old and live happily ever after.

No comments: