Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Karma

Clinic was closed for half a day as the boss has organized a xmas luncheon for all the staffs. Receptionist has managed to put on a reservation at this Italian eating resturant sitting next to a lake. The ambience was fantastic and it would be a lot nicer if it was for dinner though. Guess all of us had too much wine in between. Say like 4 bottles of chardonnay shared among 6 people. Hurhur. And of course, as the blood alcohol increases, everyone starts to rattle abit more 'shit'. For instance, who would be really interested to know if your wifey has given you permission to go to a strip club. HE thought she was cool and having such an open minded wife. Geez, if I were her, don't even think about asking it unless I am dead. Wife said as long as he doesn't get a lappie move from the dancer and that would be fine. She means the hubby is allowed to do anything except a lap dance?? It's like me telling my husband like "hey honey, I am having a mass orgy with my mates tonight."-GROSS!!

Later, the girls except the wifey adjourned to the receptionist house for some girlie chats and coffee. We all chatted on some relationship matters. Think one can never get away from such topics especially when you are hanging out with a bunch of girls. They asked about my romance history.When I start reflecting on my previous relationship, it is Not that interesting after all. I had only one serious relationship in my whole entire life when I was 17. Till 3 years later, I decided to call it quits. No doubt he was the 'perfect' man, I didn't cry or feel sad after the breakup. The love just wasn't there anymore. From that day onwards, I know that I need a man who can motivate me, encourage me, someone whom I look upon and learn from him throughout my life. Someone who can respect me. He wasn't someone who can respect what I do in my job previously (as a nurse). Karma, probably is hitting on me right now. Since then, I have not gotten myself in any relationship.....that's like being single for the past 7 years -holy cow!
Flings come and go - not really my cuppa tea. And again, that would be another side of story.
Maybe I am putting myself in a difficult position too. I've been moving around quite a fair bit for the past few years. Frankly speaking, those eligible dudes whom I've met so far got very turn off each time when I tell them that I am working in Oz. Not many people wouldn't have agree with LDR and that's understandable. Or is it the karma befalling on me??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I've always said... be patient! You're a wonderful person, and I'm sure you'll find the perfect one for you! And I guess coming back to SG soon will help!! Don't worry! You're still young! Honest!

Dentist Down Under said...

Remember, it's their loss!

Flatfeet said...

Spiro: If I would have to wait for Mr Perfect to come in next 20 years, I would have waited for sure.No worries, mate. Am enjoying my happy singlehood- while stocks last and you never know ;p

DDU: Of course ;)