Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lady Musgrave Island




DDU and myself booked a day trip to LMI. Since it will take us 2 hours of drive from Rockhampton to the Town of 1770, we were on the road slightly before 6am. Town of 1770 is the place where Captain James Cook has set his foot down.
By the time we reached the ferry port in Town of 1770, a large number of tourists were already there. We were warned of the massive swells in the sea and been advised to take some 'Travelcalm' to prevent seasickness. In the end, we popped some ginger pills and keeping our fingers crossed that we don't puke during the 2- hour rocky sea ride.
Gosh, the whole frigging ferry ride wasn't pleasant at all. Quite a number of people started renching and vomitting. One of the passengers got so sick that she has to be put on oxygen.

Once we arrived to the destination, the tour was split into 3 groups. We were in the first so we get to sit on a small boat to LMI. The island is formed as part of Great Barrier reef and also considered as a marine park. Campers are allowed on site with a daily fee of $9 AUD. The amazing thing about this island is the wildlife , which are mainly the birds and turtles, are protected. No reptiles are sighted.
Read on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Musgrave_Island




I had so much fun snorkelling and checking out those big fishes! I wanna grab one of them and barbi-ed it.


*****************************

Bonous entry: This guy sux

I'm not meeting Mr Banker afterall. During our MSN chat, he strongly felt that I should have tough up my stay in Sydney. Even though I've explained to him that my social life is diminishing rapidly throughout my stay in Syd, he gave an example how he stayed in Canberra for 5 years without friends. See, my logic is I'm that kind of person who needs a balance in life.

Career+social life = happy lady

Career + (-0) social life = grumpy lady

Bad Career + good social life = unhappy lady

Weird thing is he messaged me on xmas,new year and once he arrived back from KL. Quite persistent as he seems to be. At this point, I was thinking it could be worthwhile to keep some friendship before I leave for good. He went on rattling how bad the Singaporeans guys are. In general,99% of sg guys are nice to girls for a reason -> sex. He's like brainwashing me how bad it is to go back to work in Sg. So discouraging instead of giving me some motivation.

OK, enough of such ass****.

I am thankful that I've got fabulous friends who supported my decision and looking forward upon my return.Feeling bless indeed. And also friends who listen and take an interest of what I've got to say when I'm feeling in doubt.

3 comments:

Dr Oz bloke said...

Maybe the banker really likes you and doesn't want you to leave.

He's perhaps desperate liao so pull out whatever he can to try and convince you not to go?

Are Singaporean men that bad? Maybe.

Flatfeet said...

Conversations with him on MSN can be absolutely draining. One minute he can fill the sentences with anger and the next minute he takes it as part of the joke. I don't get it at all. What's sorta game is this??

Dentist Down Under said...

I agree with dr oz bloke heh