Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Post from Western Australia

OOOO what a feeling! It's nice to be back to Perth where I can get the chance to meet up my friends. D picked me up from the airport and we headed off to the city to have a nice Korean lunchie. For dinner, since's it B's (D's sister) birthday, we had a 7- course chinese dinner together. It's been so long I had a real decent chinese meal. YUM YUM YUM.

3 weeks of good O' holiday in Perth before I start the rat race in Singapore. One thing for sure is that I'm gonna missed the short working hours in Oz.I'll miss the time I can get to read a book while waiting in between patients and get paid at the same time. I'll miss the roadtrips and beaches.And those long holiday breaks!!! I think I've only work 10months or less for last year.


Meet up with Dan for the last 2 days. He's one of my besties that I've ever got. Since he knows I've got a tight-ass (budget), he got me 2 Esprit tops and 1 Witchery belt. It is just one of those things that you don't mind spending on for a good friend. Same goes for me as well. I'm happy to get a little pressie for his mom's birthday and buy him dinner etc...I must say that to most people often see it there's something going on once a female get along well with a dude.
I can count at least half of my 10 fingers that I've been besties with some dudes for over 10 years. AP , the male colleague whom I've worked with in Sydney, offered me accomodation on my final overnight stay with his family. His dad even cooked a large brekky early in the morning so I could have it before my flight to Perth at 8am. In return, I got them a bottle of Savignon as a token of appreciation. It's all these wonderful things/favours that people do for each other which make life a lot easier. Unlike my ex -boss in Sydney, he often choses to help me but expect me to return a favour to him. *stab stab stab*


3 comments:

Dentist Down Under said...

Stab harder

Flatfeet said...

come and help me stab him. hurhur. Bring the dental tools along.

Dentist Down Under said...

haha no my dental tools are so expensive. ;p I'll take maid's drill, angle grinder and his other toys hurhur the drill is exactly like the one we use in dentistry but heaps bigger! muahahahaha!