Friday, October 27, 2006

End of clinical placement

The final year poddies have finally ended their clinical placement yestersday. It is also quite common to see mature-aged students (like me previously) still studying at the uni. For instance, Student A here is a mom with 2 kids who is working as a part-time nurse and now, she is almost graduating embarking on her new career.
However, it would have been in a different situation if a mature aged person is still studying for his/her bachelor degree in Singapore. My friend's friend has got this 'organised' mentality in his brain. He claimed he would like to graduate with the degree in 3 years time and find a good career and hopefully he can acheive that and this in xx years time.
Please lah, age is not a barrier at all to stop someone from learning. If you have the interest and motivation to learn, it doesn't matter at whatever age you start with your degree.

I got my chance to grill a lot of questions to the students before I put a big "PASS" on their assessment forms. Wha ha ha!



Aren't they looking studious??

3 comments:

Dentist Down Under said...

My patient is 92 yrs old and she got her Phd when she was 79. Age shouldn't stop you from learning.

Flatfeet said...

DDU: everytime i look at your cracked tooth pic, I can't close my mouth...I scared once I've close my mouth, my tooth will crack -_-

Dentist Down Under said...

Haha this is my favourite pic. If patients don't want crown this is what they'll get hurhur.