Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stickers

So bored at work place. No interesting cases at the clinic, no interesting colleagues to talk to. I just feel so damn bored. Oh, lousy magazines at the waiting room too.
That's why I got literally nothing to blog man!!!
The only interesting day of the week is Thursday where I work at a public hospital. Besides my dearest male colleague in crime ( yeah we bullshit a lot), patients always ask funny (rather silly) questions like:" do you come from China? My cousin married to a beijing girl."
Please lor, Uncle, I'm Asian doesn't mean I come from China. Plus China is miles away from Singapore. Uncle continued:" Asians are really smart people."
Depending on each individual's pespective, somehow I find the comment very strange and also very bo liao.


Now, here come the biggest news of 2005.
I've just sponsored a child from Africa!! So the only way I can communicate with him is by writing a postcard and sending inexpensive items like stickers. Therefore, I plan to do some shopping on football or animal stickers.
Apparently, he loves playing soccer. I think I need some motivation in my life generally.
Sydney is supposed to be one of the most livest city in Australia and yet the thing is I am staying in a nice but secluded suburb. Hence, si beh no life. Work, run, shower, cook, sleep (what a routine).
So when I think of my sponored child, he will indirectly be the source of my motivation plus putting a constant reminder in my head that I am living in a much better world than him.

No comments: