Friday, September 14, 2007

Men


I had a dinner with a guy friend from my secondary school recently. I've come to realise that he can be labelled one of the most boring guys on earth. I mean, we've been friends for the past 10 years and of course I don't mind him as friend BUT he would be classified as a lousy bf category.

He has been constantly complaining to me that he hasn't found a suitable girl to date...etc..


Actually, he did went out with this girl for a dinner date. Throughout the talking, he realised that she may not be 'the one' afterall.

I almost yell at him for being so judgemental on the first date.

*sigh* Patience...I can't see any in him.


Neber mind. Since I'm considered as his good friend, this was what I've telling him at least from a girl's perspective.


" Ah Bee, you are too career focused. I know you want to make it big. Sometimes, you got to learn when to slow down and smell the roses. Don't just spend all your time entertaining your clients. Do spend a friction of time with your friends too (in regardless of guys or girls). * note: He has this thing against meeting secondary school girl-classmates."



Most people that I know doesn't seem to understand when it's the time to play, you PLAY. When it's time to work, you WORK.

When I was representing the school for basketball games in the early years with training 3 times a week, I would have to manage loads of school work at the same time. There's no time mucking around for other miscellaneous stuffs.

Anything can be done with proper time managment skills ;)




****************************************************

About an ABNN story



I paid a bottle of Betadine (antiseptic solution) for this ABNN's wound. Poor ABNN didn't know he's paying the private rate for his treatment. How the employer treat the foreign ABNNs one? He already suffered so much pain before the op and on a week's MC, his boss wanted him to start work before the MC expires.

I told him that if the boss insists on him starting work before coming an end of MC period, I will call his boss and kpkb. And will also indicate that the liability is on him should the toe becomes black.

ho ho ho!





6 comments:

Dr Oz bloke said...

Last time I was working in one of the hospital ortho depts....

Many foreign ABNN workers came in with bad injuries involving the hand.

Often the choice of treatment in that hospital was to do terminalization of the fingers.

Another hospital consultant commented that they had a hand surgery department and they would save the finger.

My consultant told him that you terminalize they recover faster and they can still go back to work for their employer. If you try to save, the rehab time is so long they will be fired, sent back to their home countries and their revascularized, reattached fingers will still be lost in the end.

Later on I did a posting in that hand surgery department. And it was true what my consultant had said.

Do all the fancy surgery, the rehab is so long, they got fired. Sent home. No rehab no care how? All wasted.

Sometimes we have to consider many factors.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Oz,

Thanks for sharing your view. Good to read on the news that the employers must pay for the foreign workers' health insurances. I'm not sure how it works in Singapore previously. I feel sorry for those ABNNs la. Leaving country so far to come and work their ass off here. And still gotta pay for the upmarket medical fees.
This ABNN pt of mine went to A&E and got a referral to see me. He assumed it would be cheaper that way with the referral. Actually it makes no difference with the fees.

*sigh*
I can tell from his face that he's worried about the fees. -Flatfeet

Kell Ch@n said...

Probably this guy friend is "waiting" for you?

It took my man to finally reveal his feelings after 5 years of being a close ex-sec schoolmate...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
he's definitely not the guy I'm looking for. You can have my reassurance on that. I've been friends with him for more than 10years. Yes many things can happen but not with him ;)
Flatfeet

Rachel said...

I thought the toe is already black :P

Anonymous said...

Rachel Jie: I like your sense of humour ;p