Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Rude people

I had a request from a doc for an early appointment on a case of tendinitis condition.
While communicating halfway with a nurse, the doc took over the phone and asked if I could see the client within 2 weeks.
I replied that I need to check on the appointment first and happy to take down pt's contact in the meantime.

Check the response I got below:
" no need la, I think I am wasting my time here. Forget it.I'll send the patient outside"

I don't frigging care if you are big doc or small doc.Certainly, you don't present yourself with proper manners at all. Neither was I rejecting the doc's request. qu4 si3 ba4.
***********************
Locals here seem to be too shy to use the words like "please", "thank you" or "hello".

Uh oh, I feel as though I'm standing at the cross-cultured junction again.

1 comment:

LifeLost1459 said...

Came across your blog while searching for info on podiatry. I'm considering taking it up in a uni in Australia and would like to know more. E-mail me at nitecherub@hotmail.com if you don't mind, otherwise just delete this comment.

And I totally understand your frustrations with patients and drs - they can be horrendous!